What is Reiki? (pronounced Ray-Key)
The first, REI, means spirit, guided, conscious, or universe. The second, KI, means life force.
When you put them together you have a conscious energy that may be used to heal.
Reiki is not massage, nor is it based on belief or suggestion.
Each session is performed by a Certified Reiki Practitioner or Certified Reiki Master/Teacher (CRP or CRMT) using specific hand positions or energy scanning either lightly touching the body or just above it.
During the Reiki session, the client is fully clothed while comfortably reclining on a massage table or seated in a chair.
Reiki is a very relaxing experience and has many benefits including: stress reduction, pain reduction, emotional release, and helping your body heal itself.
A Reiki treatment consists of laying the hands on the body in a proscribed pattern and allowing the energy of life to flow through the hands to the person being treated.
The basic element of life energy is the essence of this healing practice. Because this is so, Reiki can be used in any situation where there is a desire for and openness to healing.
Human beings are energy systems. Therefore, life energy is the essential and most basic element of the human energy system.
We suffer when we do not have enough energy to carry out our life functions or when we, as energy systems, are out of balance.
The effect of receiving a Reiki treatment is that our supply of life energy is increased and we return to balance. In this state of balance and renewed energy we can heal.
- 30 minutes: $60 – Intro Session – Good as a sampler to see if Reiki is for you.
- 55 minutes: $90 – Good for overall relaxation and clearing high levels of stress.
Call 703.385.0011 and Schedule a Session
What is a Chakra?
There are 7 centers of energy in our body that are called Chakras. Chakras correspond to vital points in the physical body. They and connected to the physical organs in our body and the different layers in the aura. Reiki treatment will bring balance to the Chakras.
1. Root Chakra – Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded. Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
2. Sacral Chakra – Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences. Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in. Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra – Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives. Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
4. Heart Chakra – Our ability to love.
Location: Center of chest just above heart.
Emotional issues: Love, joy, inner peace.
5. Throat Chakra – Our ability to communicate.
Location: Throat. Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
6. Third-Eye Chakra – Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
Location: Forehead between the eyes. (Also called the Brow Chakra) Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
7. Crown Chakra – The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
Location: The very top of the head. Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.